Wednesday, April 24, 2013

Kitchen Must-Haves

Bonne Soirée Mes Amis!

My favorite things are not raindrops on roses or whiskers on kittens. My favorite things are sharp, shiny knives and smooth skillets (because I'm a weirdo). I talk about my cookware the way men talk about football and cars, or the way some girls talk about the Bachelor and People magazine (thank God I'm not one of those girls). But in all seriousness, quality cookware can make cooking much safer, and definitely more fun (plus it makes me feel like a real chef!); so it's totally worth the investment.

These are my kitchen must-haves that I use for most all of my recipes. If you're looking to invest in some new kitchen swag I highly reccomend the following:

1. Santoku Knives


The Japanese-style Santoku knife was sent from the Gods. It is all-purpose; so it's great for slicing, dicing, chopping and mincing all of your favorite veggies and meats. For bigger jobs, I use my Rachael Ray Rocker Knife (because Rachael Ray is a GODDESS); and for smaller jobs my 5-inch Calphalon beauty. *Sigh* so pretty.
 

2. SKÄNKA Frying Pan

 
 
I love this pan. I bought it at Ikea when I started college. It's nothing fancy, but it's non-stick, ultra-durable and dishwasher safe. I use it almost every single day. It's perfect for: eggs, chicken, fish, grilled cheese, veggies and sauces. Yay for Ikea!
 

3. Hand Blender

 
Last year for my birthday, I bought myself a Cuisinart Smart Stick Hand Blender; and boy was it the best present ever. This thing may not be fancy or flashy, but it does everything a stand-alone blender can do and more. I love it because it allows me to blend soups and cream liquids right in the pot (fewer dishes to wash. Yay!). Plus it is super easy to clean and comes with a few extra gadgets (a perk!).
 
~~~
 
So now that I've shown you a few of my favorite things, I'd love to know what are yours! Leave a comment sharing your favorite kitchen gadgets or email me at keencuisine@gmail.com.
 
Bon Appetit,
 
KK
 
***DISCLAIMER: Not a paid advertisement. I just wanted to brag about my swag.***


No comments:

Post a Comment