Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Thai Marinated Tuna Steaks

Happy Tuesday Friends!

I hope everyone is having a splendid week. I know for me personally, it has been very hectic and stressful; and it's not even half over yet. I pray that the rest of you are having an enjoyable evening and a nice week full of friends, family and fun.

During stressful times like this, I am much more likely to hit the McDonald's drive thru (icky as it may be, I am a sucker for a double cheeseburger with fries). When I do this, it opens up a pandora's box of poor eating choices. In my quest to satsify my salty cravings while still putting nourishing food in my body, I created a tasty and simple marinade that is perfect for your favorite seafood dishes and is sure to satisfy your cravings for something naughty.






















This recipe is the bomb because it combines two of my favorite things: soy sauce and PB2 by Bell Plantation. If you have never tried PB2, then you are in for a treat. It is a powdered peanut butter with almost no fat, no unhealthy oils and no sugar. It is also great to add to sandwiches, yogurt and milkshakes or whatever you would normally eat peanut butter with.

Ok so enough about that. Here's how you make it:

Thai Tuna Marinade


 

Ingredients:

1 lb of tuna steaks, filleted in half
1/2 cup low sodium soy sauce
1/3 cup water
5 tbsp PB2 powder
2 tsp dried ground ginger
2 cloves garlic, roughly chopped
2 tbsp sesame oil (olive oil will work if you don't have sesame oil)
black pepper to taste

Instructions:

In a quart size bag, mix combine soy sauce, water, PB2 and ginger. Close the bag and shake until well mixed. Add filleted tuna steaks (there should be 4 steaks, each 1/4 lb) to the bag and coat with mixture. Let marinate for 20 minutes. After tuna is finished marinating, heat oil and garlic in a medium skillet over medium heat. Season fish with black pepper. Add steaks to the pan and cook for about 3-4 minutes on each side.

Serve warm with a salad or your favorite side dish. Super easy. Super tasty. Aw yeah.

~~~

I hope you enjoy it! Comment below with your questions and concerns, or send them to keencuisine@gmail.com.

Bon Appetit,

KK

No comments:

Post a Comment